Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Everyday DIY Wreath

I always want to have a wreath on my front door, but in between holidays I've never found a wreath that I've really loved so I decided to make one! I've seen a few places where people have decorated a wreath out of what looks like dead branches (sounds like a great start for a pretty wreath, right?!) so I wanted to do my take on one of those.

Here are the steps I took to make it... Just need a couple things:
  • A letter from your local craft store
  • Twig wreath
  • Faux flowers of your choosing
  • Fun ribbon
  • Hot glue gun and some wire cutters to cut the stems of the fake flowers
  • Optional ** Paint to refinish your letter if you wanted a different color
This letter was originally tan but I wanted a crisp white so I pulled a spray can from my husbands garage and sprayed away! Then left it for a few hours to dry
I hot glued the ribbon down just by places a couple dots under each strip but I left the opposite side of where I placed the letter unglued until I placed the flowers through it, that way I could hide any gaps with the ribbon.

Then from this last step, Just place the flowers in the arrangement you like and stick them straight through the wreath and just clip off the extra stems. I placed a dab of the hot glue on the backside of the wreath where the stems were just for extra security. Now time to hang it up and enjoy for months to come before the next holiday pops up!


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!